You’ve heard the joke “Where do you bury a dead body?” “On the second page of search results.” Now that you’re done laughing, we’re here to tell you it’s true. If you’re a number cruncher, we’ve given you statistics that back up the joke; if the numbers aren’t enough to convince you, we’ve got other numbers for you to consider: revenue received from the increase in website traffic from search engine optimization. In this post, we’re going to give you the missing piece of the puzzle: the five reasons that SEO generates increased website traffic and extra business revenue.
In the past, you knew where your website stood in search engine rankings. Not anymore. Today’s search engine results are focused on user experience, with the goal of giving users customized results based on their preferences and location. Getting your website to the top of those users’ search engine results is a challenge, and an ever-evolving one, but a worthy investment of time and effort that gets results for five key reasons:
- Local SEO technology gets you in front of local customers. Yes, we’re stating the obvious. Local search engine optimization technology can get you in front of search engine listings in towns and cities within a 10, 20 or 50 mile radius. Even if you don’t sell products online, or have any interest in e-commerce, you need to integrate search engine optimization into your marketing strategy because that’s where people are looking for products, services and information—-a lot of people. With more than 90% of users turning to search engines for information, local SEO technology—like KD Interactive’s—can get your business website in organic search engine listings using long-tail keywords your audience searches for.
- A beautiful and functional website is not enough. “There,” you think, “I’ve invested in this website. Customers come and find me!” Unfortunately that’s not how it works. Customers have a lot of online options, and studies have shown that they make more than 60% of their purchasing decision online. So how do you get your new website found? Contact a reputable company that can achieve results with search engine optimization, updated content and social media marketing. Together, these three digital marketing tools get your website found by local customers—and keep you there.
- Search engines are replacing phone books. Statistics are proof of an trend: 54% of Americans have substituted the Internet and local search for phone books (comScore) and a startling 95% of smartphone users have looked for local information (Source: The Mobile Movement Study, Google/Ipsos OTX MediaCT , Apr 2011). More and more, American consumers are looking to the internet to find local solutions and information. If you’re not online, you’re not on their radar.
- Your competitors are using it. We’ll be honest; we don’t know if your specific competitors are using SEO. However, we do know that thousands of businesses are utilizing digital marketing tools including search engine optimization, social media marketing and content marketing as part of their marketing strategy—and getting results.
- It works. Paid search engine optimization technology is one of the most effective online marketing tools for businesses. One of our clients, a local print company, was positioned at the top of search engines just a week after utilizing our SEO technology. Their results were localized, with their company showing up in cities and towns search results within 30 miles of their location including a major metropolitan area. They also invested in content marketing to keep their site content updated and give their customers value, yielding long-term results; their printing firm has remained at the top of the major search engines—Google, Yahoo and Bing—since launch. Better search engine results have meant more digital exposure for their business, and stronger opportunity for online conversions. Another one of our clients, a flooring company, saw their website traffic double in just four months because of search engine optimization. In 30 days, their unique visits increased 122% and hit an impressive increase of 200%. Website traffic is just a number unless you can convert those visits to customer interest. The flooring company receives form submissions every week from potential customers, with 60% of those visits stemming from their search engine optimization package. If you want to tap into that same local search engine technology to get results for your company, read our blog post about SEO terminology or see it in action.